Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ex-drummer, Alle Anderen, Armadillo, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

Ex-Drummer (2007)



With the atmosphere and rawness of Trainspotting, only more brutal and dirty, Ex-Drummer is about three maniacs asking a well-known writer to join their band as a drummer. None of the characters are likeable; each one is crazy in different ways.
What made the movie watchable is the cool rocky soundtrack, the different type of cinematography and a lot of crazy scenes. Nudity, blood, sick minds and rock music are the key words for this film.

My rating: 7/10


Alle Anderen (2009)

I was looking forward to finally see this German movie, but it became too boring for me. Great acting, but because of the lack of soundtrack and a proper story I quit watching this after an hour.


Armadillo (2010)



Finally I got to see this Danish documentary about a group of soldiers in Afghanistan. I saw it at Molde cinema. I think I would have enjoyed it more if it hadn’t been for the fact that I had intense pains in my right knee. With my long legs I couldn’t stretch out, and I kept thinking of the irritating pain during half of the movie, then I finally found a position it didn’t bother me too much.
Back to the movie: it felt really “uncensored” and real. I read that the filmmakers had hundreds of hours of tape, and the result is powerful, well edited and raw.

My rating: 8/10


The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra (2001)



This is one of the silliest movies I’ve ever seen. I laughed out loud a lot, but through the end I thought it was too much silly humor. I should have watched it in two portions. It’s kind of when I read the Hitch Hiker’s Guide To The Galaxy; I got tired of all the crazy humor after the second book.
I let imdb do the work for telling what this movie is about: “A dedicated scientist, aided by his clueless wife, rolls up his shirt sleeves and tries to save the world from a radioactive monster, curious space aliens, an evil scientist and a crabby skeleton in this send-up of the best of the B movies of the 1950's. “

The bad acting and the script are hilarious. There is a bunch of obvious goofs, and it is full of movie references. I think maybe I would have enjoyed it more, if I had seen a lot of those old B movies of the 1950s the references are from.

My rating: 7/10

No comments: