Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Music Recommendation August

She Makes War – Disarm (2010)
It may be four years late for me to write about this album, but I didn't discover it before last month.
She Makes War consists of multi-instrumentalist Laura Kidd, and the music can be compared to Cat Power and Kristin Hersh. The whole album is good. 



 
Dead Rabbits – The Ticket That Exploded (2013)
This psychedelic rock band sounds like The Black Angels, The Warlocks and similar bands, but with a hint of shoogaze. Nice.



Total Control – Typical System (2014)
This Australian band should be one of my favorites of 2014. It sounds a bit if it was from the 80s with the synth and post-punk influenced music.


Kevin Morby – Harlem River (2013)
This guy plays in Oslo at my birthday this September. The beautiful music reminds me of Nick Cave's "Red Right Hand", Spain, Kurt Vile. 



 
Tripwires – Spacehopper (2013)
It took me some time to enjoy this album, but that should be a good sign of a great piece of music.
Spacehopper sounds like it could be from the 90's and sounds a bit like Radiohead, Muse and maybe even Smashing Pumpkins. 




Grim Tower - Anarchic Breezes (2013)
Grim Tower is a collaboration between Imaas Wasif and Stephen McBean (Black Mountain) and the result is a powerful, beautiful, dark album. I think it sounds like True Widow and Creepoid sometimes, and that is not bad.



Hammerhead – Into The Vortex (1994)
It may be twenty years too late for me to write about Hammerhead. I haven't heard about it before now, and the music hits me right in the face. It sounds a bit like Offspring. 



 
Die Nerven – Fun (2014)
This German punk/garage rock should also be one of my favorites this year. The music makes me want to jump up and down with my fist in the air. Sort of. 








 

No comments: